Are you always stressed and tired? The problem might not be physical, but mental or a combination of both. Sometimes stress and the daily grind of work manifest itself physically and mentally, draining you of energy and the joy of life. It isn’t enough to exercise these blues away, one approach to think about is a detoxifying yoga retreat.
When you join a program, you have several options to choose from, one such practice is Pranayama. The latter includes breathing exercises that detoxify the body and allow it to heal.
De-stressing with Pranayama
Pranayama is part of the yoga system that imparts the knowledge about the art of extending a person’s breath in various ways. It is a Sanskrit word that means extension of the breath or prana (life force). Practising this early in the morning allows you to de-stress and others which include:
- The techniques you will execute treat different types of stress-related ailments.
- It relieves some of the symptoms that an asthmatic person deals with.
- It helps a practitioner steady their mind, improve willpower and helps make sound judgments.
- The lower stress levels that Pranayama achieves, improves quality of life.
- Practising regularly reduces the oxidative stress that they body experiences.
Pranayama is an ideal option for those who want a non-physically taxing way to de-stress, improve their breathing and clear their mind.
Pranayama is a form of yoga that focuses on a person’s breathing, it has different breathing techniques that have their own benefits.
- Belly Breath – this is a de-stressing and relaxing practice by expanding and contracting the muscles and lungs.
- Alternate Nostril Breathing – when you feel anxious, this is an ideal practice because of its calming effects.
- Energising Breath – when you feel sluggish and tired this practice provides you with a boost of energy and re-invigoration.
Pranayama is a practice that keeps you stress-free and energetic, if you feel that you want to try other aspects of yoga, join a class and determine which is the most beneficial for you.