Once you’ve decided on your wedding dress, the next thing to decide on is hair and makeup. For curly haired women, this task can be more challenging since you can’t really afford to have bad hair on your big day. This means that aside from flattering your hair and makeup, your wedding hair must likewise complement your wedding gown and your overall theme.
Here are some ideas for inspiration.
- Boho-Chic Messy Updo with Brooch – If a loose updo isn’t bohemian enough for you, throw in a vintage brooch or some wild flowers and you’re all set.
- Loose, Long Waves Half-Up – You do not have to blessed with natural curls to pull off this subtly elegant style. Pinning your curls into a half-up style lends an understated style to an outdoor or garden wedding.
- Beachy, Flowy Waves – Whether you opt for a half-up or full, tumbling waves, this is perfect for lending a more casual and fun vibe.
- Braids Galore – A flowy, luminous dress will be more bohemian and romantic when paired with a twisted, loose bun surrounded by multiple narrow braids and some baby’s breath.
- On to the Side – Twist your curls to one side for some volume up front. An acclaimed hairstylist in Austin, redstellasalonaustin.com, swears this wedding hairstyle is perfect for strapless dresses.
- Make your Short Curls Work for you – Simply sweep back your locks with a huge flower and you’re done.
- Loose, Vintage Updo – Loose and flowy waves will also work with vintage headpieces or that pearl hairband your grandmother passed on to you.
- Romanticize your Curls – Let your curls loose and decorate with small flowers or an intricate veil for a romantic, yet glamorous look.
- Voluminous Curls – Just let it all hang down and play up the volume. Add some boho charm by accentuating your hairdo with a huge or intricate flower crown.
Keep in mind, however, that curly hair is often unpredictable. So make sure to try on different hairstyles and see which ones will look perfect and more importantly, hold up during your big day.